Bird & Bat Boxes – Developer Specifications
Bird and bat boxes are exceptionally quick and easy for developers to incorporate into walls during construction. Fitting instructions on weatherproof paper are included with every delivery, these are also available here for brickwork, stonework and render. A Home Owner’s Guide with maintenance advice is available to download.
Site information – ordering
- Developers – please contact us for a quotation and delivery time. For this quote to be accurate we will need the following: – The number of bird or bat boxes required, the target species and whether you require the boxes to match your brickwork, in which case the brick bond you are working with e.g. Stretcher, Flemish, English and Flemish/English Garden Wall bonds.
- We arrange brick collection from the site for fixing to the box fronts,
- Bricks for collection must be clearly labelled and securely packaged please, to prevent breakages during transit, otherwise this can delay delivery. We usually require six bricks per box for Stretcher bond, eight for other bonds; we can return any unused bricks to you if required.
- Please supply undamaged, clean bricks and a range of colours typical of the host wall.
- If your order requires boxes to be made of more than one type of brick, please clearly segregate bricks and mark which bricks are to be made into which boxes. Brick changes can be subtle!
- Boxes will be dispatched to the site on receipt of payment.
Site information – delivery
- We aim to dispatch completed boxes back to site within 7 working days from the safe receipt of your bricks. If failed brick collections occur this may be charged to you.
- Boxes are clearly marked with a sticker indicating the top of the box and also which species the box is for.
- Larger quantities (5 or more) of completed boxes are delivered to you on a pallet.
- All brick fronted boxes are supplied un-pointed.
Please contact us in the event of any queries, or telephone 01323 488732.
Bird Brick Houses is proud to have supplied many construction companies including Apex Brickwork, BAM, Barratt Homes, Berkeley Construction, Kier Group, Lancer Scott, Redrow, Telford Homes and Wates Construction.